Back to School

11:09 PM


Yes, it's that time of year again. Back to school. Classes began last week. It was basically a typical first day of returning to college: picking out the perfect outfit, finding classes, going through the syllabus, introducing yourself, finding the best seat in the house, complaining about how much money needs to be spent on supplies, hearing about all the wonderful things that'll be taught in the course while dreading the amount of work involved in it, and getting to met new people. My day would have been perfect if I hadn't been 10 minutes late to my first class...oops. 

So far things have been swell! I'm not overwhelmed by the work load (at least for now) and I enjoy all of my courses. EVERY SINGLE ONE. It's the first semester that I want to attend every class. Crazy right? It's also the first semester where all my professors are Male. Normally there is an even balance between Male and Female professors. Not that it really matters though. It was just a thought that crossed my mind. This semester I'm taking Digital Imaging, Philosophy of Art, Contemporary Art and Space Studio (3D Design). The cool thing about being an Art major is that a good chunk of my classes are in Old Main, aka Hogwarts (pictured above). 

Over the summer I changed my major...again. This time it's final. At least I really hope so...I'm 99.9% sure I won't change my mind. I chose Art History for a couple reasons. First, because I'm not limited to one specific media, I'm able to learn about art of all types. With that, my major allows me to actually take other art courses. Such as drawing! One of my favorite drawings is featured above. Again, going with the whole "not being limited thing" I take Art History courses AND art courses that I've always wanted to take! I plan on going as far as earning a P.H.D. in Art History! 

Although I'm no longer an RA or living on campus, I'm still stoked about this semester (if you couldn't already tell). Commuting isn't as horrible as I thought it would be and I'm glad I was able to get my "On campus experience" when I did. It just means better things are to come, am I right or am I right? Tehe. I'm making a virtual toast to this school year. May it be another unforgettable, educational experience with many more to come *clink*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images