First Photoshop Project

7:03 PM

I created this photo using photoshop using the layering, brush, saturation and black and white tools. The goal was to create an image representing social change.

As you all know I'm very passionate about Detroit. Often we hear negative things about Detroit, whether it be from the media, friends, family or any residents that live outside Detroit. Whenever I hear anyone put Detroit down, my blood boils. I despise it even more when it comes from those who have never been to Detroit. Not all of Detroit is great, I know that. Every city has darkness, no matter what they have. But that doesn't mean that Detroit still isn't beautiful, that doesn't mean that Detroit doesn't have any light and it doesn't mean that Detroit doesn't grow. There are many great people who call Detroit home. It's a city filled with many cultures. Which is why I chose a background with a variety of flowers and vibrant colors, representing the people, new and old business', culture, history, architecture, art and spirit of Detroit. 

The title of the piece is still being determined. Originally I was going to call it "Perception" but I no longer like the name. It'll come to me sooner or later. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images