Creative Self Portraits

12:25 AM


For my photoshop class we were assigned "self-portraits". At first I was like "ugh", I have to make sure that I actually look good to take a picture of myself. I was completely clueless of what I wanted to do too. I had this idea of making myself half of a skull, but it didn't work out the way I wanted it to. I figured I'd try using a skull made out of flowers instead of an actual skull. This is what I came up with. 

After doing that, I felt like doing more. I had this concept of putting my face in the moon sort-of-thing. I searched for the perfect photo for what seemed like hours. I played around with different photo's of myself to find "the best one". I was going to make this idea come to life, I was determined. Which I find rather funny that I discovered the final "faces" by accident. I was playing around with saturation, vibrance, hue and lightness. I dragged the lightness a little more than I intentionally wanted to and bam! My face was no longer a sphere, but rather the texture of the moon. Originally, I wanted one whole " moon face" to show and not eight. I can finally relate to finding what works the best on accident. I'm so proud of these works...I never really like the final production of my art. This work makes me happy. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images