Curl Up & Dye

9:23 PM

I have been wanting to do something different with my hair for a long time. My hair hadn't been cut in over a year and was crying for attention. I needed to do something. I would always contemplate whether or not I wanted to dye my hair. I've never dyed my hair before. So the thought of dying my hair was a huge deal. Especially because I used to say "I'll never dye my hair until I have grays " (never say never) The only "drastic" things I've done to my hair, was: a perm back in the 8th grade and going from long hair to short hair. After a year of thinking about it, I decided to just do it. I have always adored the ombre hair-style and liked that I wouldn't have to dye my roots. I searched high and low for the right salon. One day, David and I were walking to Slow's to Go for a lunch break and we passed by Curl Up & Dye. We went inside to check it out and I instantly fell in love with it. This was the salon. Not only because of the gorgeous decor, but because they only use organic hair dyes. SCORE! Although, they are a bit pricey... yet I'm willing to pay extra money to use healthier products. 
Curl Up & Dye is located on Cass in Midtown, Detroit. It's within walking distance to Wayne State University, Slow's to Go, Avalon Cafe, apartments and many other places! Make sure you call in advance to schedule your appointment! They get booked quickly. When I called my appointment wasn't for 2 weeks after I made the call. Curl Up & Dye offer discounts too! If you are a Wayne State student, show your one card and get 10% off! Or you can get what is called an "eco-dry" for 20% off. Basically you leave the salon without them drying your hair. It's better for your hair and saves energy. 

Curl Up & Dye has vapour make-up! I meant to ask what it was but completely forgot. I was too nervous to think about anything else but my virgin hair. I dig the mirrored vanity though, makes me want to go out and buy one for myself!

The vintage couch and chair are to die for. They fit in well with the rest of the decor. Aside from the mirrored vanity the chair and couch were my favorite decor pieces. I LOVE the color too. 

I want exposed wood like that in my future home (to the right)

I love how the ducts are exposed and painted to match the ceiling. The salon is fabulous from floor to ceiling. The colors allow for a cool, calm environment. Curl Up & Dye is chic and eclectic. It just so happens to be my favorite interior style.


My "before" picture. 

I saved 20% off my bill because I went ahead with the "eco-dry". This was what it looked like when I left the salon. Later in the day David noticed that some parts of my hair weren't dyed like the rest. (My hair is stubborn and always has been) I called to see if I could get it fixed and they were more than happy to squeeze me in the next day to touch it up. 

...

I went in the next day to get it fixed and here was the final product!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY HAIR AND AM SO HAPPY WITH IT! No regrets what so ever. Overall, I had a great experience at Curl Up & Dye, even with me having to return to touch up parts of my hair. My stylist (Tia) is very knowledgeable not only about hair, but anything that is organic related. Did you know that a person loses up to three hundred hair strands a day? Crazy! I already made my next appointment to trim my hair! See you in six weeks Curl Up & Dye! Can't wait to see you again!




You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Never EvenThought There Could Be Organic Hair Dye. Your Hair Looks Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew about Henna hair dye but other than that I didn't know about organic hair dye either! Thank you both (:

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images