Ann Arbor Art Fair

12:17 AM

David, Brian Kaitlyn and I ventured off to Ann Arbor to check out the Art Fair! We didn't look at everything because it was extremely hot out. I really wish it weren't so hot! There was so much to see! Either way, I still had a great time! 

Almost every corner we turned there were people playing music!

I've heard of the Violin Monster before but have never seen him. Until today that is! From what I know he is pretty popular in Ann Arbor. I'll be searching for him on youtube shortly!

Weaving in and out of people we noticed the "graffiti alley". At least that's what I like to call it. I'm not sure if there is an actual name for it. Last time David and I were in Ann Arbor I couldn't remember where it was! I was pretty sad then, but happy I finally got to show him! It's one of my favorite places to go to in Ann Arbor!
  
David adding his own piece of gum. Well...actually he threw his on the wall. 

Oh Brian, you photo bomber. We had no clue he was behind us!

Kaitlyn and Brian (:

I love this photo for many reasons.

This outside mall had some pretty unique stores!

Almost every store had a little history inside. I love stores that display their history. It feels more home-y. Unfortunately, most of the stores were closed or closing. So we were unable to check them all out. 

Tie-dye! I like tie-dye! I always have actually. I had a tie-dye shirt, but I ruined it by cutting off too much when trying to alter it. I miss that shirt...

We walked by a park that offered free chalk to use! Most of chalk had been washed away from the storm the night before. Sadly, there wasn't much there. What was there was writing and a few drawings. This one stood out the most. The colors and texture is what makes it successful. 

"We miss you already" was written inside the guitar case. Wonder what it meant? 

I would like to go to Ann Arbor's Art Fair again next year! Hopefully it won't be dreadfully hot like it was today. The amount of tents were endless! It's amazing what people can do. My favorite tent was the jelly-fish tent. They took real jelly-fish and put them inside crystal. At night they glow in the dark. Pretty neat huh? If I had a place or the money I may have gotten one. I probably would put it in the hallway or bathroom as a night light. I did take photos of some artists and their work, but didn't want to put them up since many of them did not want photos to be taken. I had my camera out and artists were coming up to me because they saw me with my DSLR.  I understand where they are coming from and I respect that. Therefore, I won't display any up-close photos of their pieces. It's just something you'll have to go and see for yourself now isn't it? 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images