WSU Farmers Market

6:58 PM

If you are a Wayne State student or employee then I'm more than positive you know about WSU's Farmers Market because of the numerous e-mails we receive... Anyway, I enjoy going! Especially on an empty stomach! (Which may not be a good thing) When is it? Beginning the first Wednesday of June to October 11, from 11am-4pm! It's in front of the Prentis Building (over on Cass). 

BUYING LOCAL IS SO IMPORTANT! Can I not stress that enough?

Oatmeal pancakes? That sounds delicious! One day I'll buy it! 

The bean cartoon is punny. Love it.

One of my favorite parts of the WSU Farmers Market are the giant sunflowers! They're really cheap! As of right now I don't have a place to put them. Tears.

They smell as fresh as they look!

Standing there looking at all the vegetables makes me want to continue to eat healthier. Or become a vegetarian? Okay, maybe not THAT far. I like meat too much. 

Michigan cherries are the bomb. No cherry is better than Michigan's. 

Avalon Bakery is next to Curl Up & Dye over on Cass! My friend Brian took me there and I love it! Organic goodies and coffee. Perfect. As you are biting into your treat, you wouldn't even think it's healthy for you. It's that good. Promise. 

Excuse the quality of the photo, the sun was creating the glare. It was a tough battle but the glare won. Any who, I bought a vegan trail-mix cookie. At the time I only had a $20. It was the first tent I stopped in so I hadn't had the chance to break it. I assume the worker didn't have the proper change for a $20. He was generous and told me bring a dollar the next time I stop by. He was practically giving me a free cookie! Even the customer next to me said "Now that is great customer service!" I agree! Actually, it encouraged me to buy more things from the WSU Farmers Market so I could break my $20. I know I would have forgotten if I hadn't paid him back today.

I bought a pecan sweet potato pie a few weeks ago. I was nervous because the only pies that I've had are apple and cherry. I'm a bit picky when it comes to pies or at least growing up I was. Now I'm more willing to try things, but tend to stray away because it's what I'm used to doing. I'm glad I tried it! It was yummy! To my surprise it was rather filling, but that could be because I eat small portions. Either way I had to put my fork down and call it quits. 

The next time I go, I'm getting one of these cookies. 

Green bean paradise!

I've never seen cherry tomatoes in a variety of colors! I'm a tomato fiend too. I asked the worker about them and he told me they all have a different taste to them and they are very sweet and very good. Of course I bought a basket! 

Potato's are one of my favorite foods. In any way shape or form. I can only imagine what these potato's taste like. 

Every time I go there is always a line to this particular tent. I figured I'd see what all the fuss is about by trying something today. Originally I wanted the Chicken Salad Club Lavash, but they were out. I was pretty sad. I really liked the sound of having bacon in my wrap. I ended up ordering their Habana Wrap with Chicken. I also got their fresh mint tea!

All my precious goodies I purchased today! Funny thing is, is that I didn't plan on buying an entire lunch today. I packed a salad for myself and forgot the dressing and the rest of my lunch. It's been that kind of day. Perhaps it was just a little push to try more things today? It definitely beats the lunch I originally planned on having! The mint tea was really minty, in a good way. It inspires me to make my own or buy it again. The wrap ended up being A LOT bigger than at first glance. It's worth the $7. Half way through the wrap I was full. Inside the wrap is black beans, roasted corn, red onion, locally grown tomato, cilantro, cojito, cheese and Grown-in-Detroit green with lime vinaigrette. I'm making you hungry aren't I? As I mentioned before, the cookie is so delightful that you wouldn't think it's healthy for you. Finally, the tomato's. The worker was right! They all have a different taste and are very sweet and very good. The orange tomato is my favorite. I have been restraining myself to not eat them all at once. It hasn't been an easy task. 

You should go to the WSU Famer's Market if you haven't yet! Even if you just look. The people working the tents appreciate it even if you don't buy anything. Ask them about their business, they have so much to tell! I will admit, they are pretty convincing with their products. I've seen them talk people into purchasing something. I too have been convinced, but it's all for a good cause! 








*Note, I did not feature every tent at WSU farmers market. Just a few that caught my eye.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images