Cass Cafe

3:37 PM

Yesterday, David and I went to eat at Cass Cafe on our lunch break. Cass Cafe is located on 4620 Cass in Midtown, Detroit. About a five minute walk from campus! Yay!

I consider Cass Cafe to be a "gem". The environment screams "LIZ!". I know I'm not the only person who thinks it's a diamond. Many have seen famous actor Ryan Gosling dinning here whenever he is in town. From what I know it's one of his favorite places to visit in the area! Neat huh? 

Cass Cafe changes their art that surrounds the restaurant walls. How frequently? I'm not sure. Perhaps I should have asked? When I find out I'll leave a comment below saying how often they do. The art they chose to display are always unique. They are conversation pieces that's for sure! Their art is definitely one of my top reasons why I enjoy going to Cass Cafe so much. 

My favorite dish at Cass Cafe is their 5 Grilled Cheese. Want a twist with your grilled cheese? Go to Cass Cafe and try this beauty. It's delicious. Inside it has onions, dried tomatoes, spinach and of course five different types of cheeses. YUM right? All for $8.50 ($1.50 extra for fries)

David got the Smoked Salmon for $9.50. I didn't try it. I knew if I had a bite of his sandwich he'd have to get a bite out of mine. I wasn't willing to give up any part of my grilled cheese yesterday. Which is okay, he didn't want to give up his sandwich either. I can see why. The aroma was pretty tempting though... He devoured it within a matter of seconds, so I knew it was tasty.

They have a decent selection to choose from if you want to order an alcoholic drink. Something I'll have to wait to try in the future. October 15 is around the corner!

Like me, Cass Cafe is all about displaying local events in Detroit and art.

I have always wanted to eat upstairs. They never have it available when I go. Maybe one day...I believe you have to have it reserved. 

I don't know why, but I love the bathroom doors inside the girls room. I should have added my own touch. I'll have to remember to bring a sharpie with me next time. 

Cass Cafe recently added outside seating! Too bad it's been too hot. I'll have to return in the Fall when it's cooler out!












You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images